LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD
Computing and Accessory Devices Limited Hardware Warranty Period: One (1) year from date of purchase from InFocus or an InFocus authorized reseller.
Your dated sales or delivery receipt, showing the Product purchase date, is your proof of the purchase unless your authorized reseller informs you otherwise in writing. You may be required to provide proof of purchase as a condition of receiving warranty service. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY GRANT YOU CONSUMER RIGHTS WITH MINIMUM WARRANTY DURATION THAT DIFFER FROM THE DURATIONS PROVIDED HEREIN, AND INFOCUS WILL HONOR ALL SUCH CONSUMER RIGHTS UPON PROOF OF PURCHASE IN THAT JURISDICTION.
To Obtain Warranty Service:
- During the Limited Hardware Warranty period, to exercise this Limited Warranty, the purchaser must first contact:
InFocus Kangaroo Customer Support (toll free) at: 855-976-1116; or via the web at http://support.kangaroo.cc)
- a service facility authorized by InFocus or;
- the place of original purchase.
What this Limited Hardware Warranty Covers
Subject to the Limitations, Exclusions and Disclaimers hereof, this Kangaroo™ by InFocus Limited Hardware Warranty, warrants that its Computing Devices and Accessories (hereinafter collectively, or individually referred to as “Product”), will conform to InFocus' specifications and be free from defects in material or workmanship for the respective Limited Hardware Warranty period provided below. InFocus’ sole obligation under this Limited Hardware Warranty, is to supply, repair or replace the Hardware Product found to be defective within the Limited Hardware Warranty period.
The term "Product" or "Hardware Product" is limited to the hardware components and required firmware of the product which they are installed. The term "Product" DOES NOT include software applications or programs, non-InFocus products, or non-InFocus branded peripherals.
Unless otherwise stated, and to the extent permitted by local law, Products presented for repair may be repaired with refurbished parts or replaced by refurbished products of the same type and functionally equivalent in performance and reliability to original products.
Unless otherwise expressly required by local law, if these replaced or repaired Products or parts manifest a defect in materials or workmanship (1) during the ninety (90) days following their repair and/or replacement, or (2) during the remainder of the Limited Warranty Period of the original Product they are replacing or in which they are installed, InFocus warrants that it will again repair or replace these Products or parts.
What this Limited Hardware Warranty does not Cover
This warranty does not cover the following:
- uninterrupted or error-free operation of a product loss of, or damage to, your data by a product any software programs, whether provided with the product or installed subsequently
- failure or damage resulting from misuse, abuse, accident, modification, unsuitable physical or operating environment, natural disasters, power surges, improper maintenance, or use not in accordance with product information materials
- damage caused by a non-authorized service provider
- failure of, or damage caused by, any third party products, including those that Lenovo may provide or integrate into the Lenovo product at your request
- any technical or other support, such as assistance with "how-to" questions and those regarding product set-up and installation products or parts with an altered identification label or from which the identification label has been removed
IF YOUR KANGAROO™ BRANDED HARDWARE PRODUCT FAILS TO WORK AS WARRANTED ABOVE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY SHALL BE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT. INFOCUS’ MAXIMUM LIABILITY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE PRICE YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT OR THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY HARDWARE COMPONENTS THAT MALFUNCTION IN CONDITIONS OF NORMAL USE.
INFOCUS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE PRODUCT OR THE FAILURE OF THE PRODUCT TO PERFORM, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR SAVINGS OR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. INFOCUS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM MADE BY A THIRD PARTY OR MADE BY YOU FOR A THIRD PARTY.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, neither Lenovo nor the Service Provider is responsible for loss or disclosure of any data, including confidential information, proprietary information, or personal information, contained in a product.
Where applicable national or state law prohibits the exclusion or limitation of liability, InFocus excludes or limits its liability to the maximum extent permitted by national law. Limitation on Bringing Action - No action, regardless of form, arising out of the agreement to purchase the Product may be brought by purchaser more than one year after the cause of action has accrued. Governing Law - Any action, regardless of form, arising out of the agreement to purchase the Product is governed by the laws of the state of Oregon, USA. Mandatory Arbitration - Any action, regardless of form, arising out of the agreement to purchase the Product is subject to mandatory arbitration. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE NATIONAL LAWS RELATING TO THE SALE OF CONSUMER PRODUCTS.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN, SHALL INFOCUS, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, RESELLERS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING EVEN IF INFORMED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE CLAIM IS BASED IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY: 1) THIRD PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU FOR DAMAGES; 2) LOSS, DAMAGE OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA; 3) SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS REVENUE, GOODWILL OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS. IN NO CASE SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF INFOCUS, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, RESELLERS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS FOR DAMAGES FROM ANY CAUSE EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF ACTUAL DIRECT DAMAGES, NOT TO EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCT.
Warranty Limitation and Exclusion
THIS WARRANTY SETS FORTH INFOCUS' MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ITS PRODUCT. THIS WARRANTY EXTENDS ONLY TO PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM INFOCUS OR AN INFOCUS AUTHORIZED RESELLER.
InFocus shall have no further obligation under the foregoing Limited Hardware Warranty if the Product has been damaged due to abuse, misuse, negligence, accident, alteration or faulty repair other than by InFocus or its authorized agents, or failure caused other than from ordinary use or failure to properly use the Product in the application for which said Product was intended. In addition, failure of the end-user to follow maintenance procedures as outlined in the Product's user guide will not be covered under this Limited Hardware Warranty. Finally, InFocus shall have no further obligation if InFocus Product was subjected to operating conditions outside of the range specified in the user's guide or in this warranty. This warranty does not cover maintenance/repair/replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear.
Disclaimer of Unstated Warranties
THE WARRANTY PRINTED ABOVE IS THE ONLY WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF AND THE FOREGOING WARRANTY SHALL NOT BE EXTENDED, ALTERED OR VARIED EXCEPT BY WRITTEN INSTRUMENT SIGNED BY INFOCUS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, SO SUCH LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
InFocus does not warrant that the operation of this product will be uninterrupted or error-free.
InFocus is not responsible for any interoperability or compatibility issues that may arise when
- products, software, or accessories not supported by InFocus are used;
- configurations not supported by InFocus are used; or
- parts intended for one system are installed in another system of different make or model.
YOU SHOULD MAKE PERIODIC BACKUP COPIES OF THE DATA STORED ON YOUR HARD DRIVE OR OTHER STORAGE DEVICES AS A PRECAUTION AGAINST POSSIBLE FAILURES, ALTERATION, OR LOSS OF THE DATA. BEFORE RETURNING ANY UNIT FOR SERVICE, BE SURE TO BACK UP DATA AND REMOVE ANY CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, OR PERSONAL INFORMATION. INFOCUS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF ANY PROGRAMS, DATA, OR REMOVABLE STORAGE MEDIA. INFOCUS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESTORATION OR REINSTALLATION OF ANY PROGRAMS OR DATA OTHER THAN SOFTWARE INSTALLED BY INFOCUS WHEN THE PRODUCT IS MANUFACTURED.
PRODUCT SPECIFIC EXCLUSIONS
This Hardware Product may include an internal rechargeable battery that is not user accessible and must be replaced by InFocus or an InFocus authorized service provider. The internal rechargeable battery is covered by this limited warranty as a standard component of the InFocus Hardware Product and is covered for the same period of time, unless otherwise specified in this Limited Hardware Warranty.
As with all batteries, the maximum capacity of any battery included in the Product will decrease with time or use, and battery cycle life will vary depending on product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. Accordingly, a decrease in maximum battery capacity or battery cycle life is not a defect in materials or workmanship, and this Limited Warranty does not cover changes in battery capacity or battery cycle life. To the extent permitted by local law, the battery is only warranted against defects in materials or workmanship resulting in failure of the battery to operate for the duration of the Limited Warranty Period for the battery as specified above. To determine whether your battery has had a warranted failure, you may be required to run a diagnostic test.
In order to avoid the risk of charges for issues not covered by your InFocus Limited Hardware Warranty (issues that are not due to defects in materials and workmanship on InFocus Hardware Products), you will be asked to assist InFocus or the InFocus authorized service provider as follows:
- Provide true, accurate, and complete information when filing a warranty claim.
- Provide an environment that complies InFocus Product specifications and requirements, including protecting products from contamination and spills.
- Verify configurations, load most recent firmware, install software patches, and run recommended diagnostics and utilities.
- Implement temporary procedures or workarounds provided by InFocus while InFocus works on permanent solutions.
- Use InFocus remote support solutions where applicable. InFocus strongly encourages you to use available support technologies provided by InFocus. If you choose not to deploy available remote support capabilities, you may incur additional costs due to increased support resource requirements.
- Cooperate with InFocus in attempting to resolve the problem using online chat, email, or telephone. This may involve performing routine diagnostic procedures, installing additional software updates or patches, removing third-party options, and/or substituting options.
- InFocus recommends that you make periodic backup copies of your files, data, or programs stored on your hard drive or other storage devices as a precaution against possible failures, alteration, or loss. Before returning any InFocus Product for warranty support or repairs, back up your files, data, and programs, and remove any confidential, proprietary, or personal information.
- Remove any external options or accessories that would be subject to loss during the repair or replacement process.
TYPES OF HARDWARE WARRANTY SERVICE
To the extent permitted by local law, this Limited Hardware Warranty is provided exclusively under the terms of InFocus' mail-in warranty service.
The type of warranty support service applicable to the InFocus Hardware Product you have purchased is described below. These services may not be available in all countries or regions. TO THE EXTENT THAT THE FOLLOWING WARRANTY SERVICES AND TERMS OR ANY PART THEREOF IS INCONSISTENT WITH LOCAL LAW, THE WARRANTY SERVICES AND TERMS OR THE CORRESPONDING PART SHALL BE DEEMED MODIFIED TO BE CONSISTENT WITH SUCH LOCAL LAW.
Mail-In Warranty Service
Under the terms of mail-in service, you will be required to ship your InFocus Hardware Product to an InFocus authorized service location for warranty repair. You must prepay any shipping charges, taxes, or duties associated with transportation of the InFocus Hardware Product to the service location. You are responsible for insuring any InFocus Hardware Product you ship, and you assume risk of loss during shipping. InFocus will return the repaired InFocus Hardware Product to you and [InFocus] shall incur all related logistics and insurance costs.